[Xmca-l] Re: What Faces Can't Tell Us

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Wed Mar 5 06:42:22 PST 2014

Hi Philip,

What you've written sounds to me like a critique not of the paper that Peter posted, but of Ekman's approach (The TV show "Lie to me" was based on his work). Lisa Barrett's research apparently reaches the same conclusion as you: we don't read people's emotions on the basis of a single, decontextualized feature such as gaze aversion.

Martin