[Xmca-l] Piazza anyone?

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 15:07:32 PST 2014

(apologies for cross-posting...)

In putting together a mooc, I have come to realize that the mooc provider
Canvas (by Instructure) is not a collaboration-friendly platform. I find it
really strange that they don't seem to care about creating collaboration
among students - they are very much caught up in that good old transmission
model of education: teacher delivers information to students.
Anyway, in looking around, I came across this platform called Piazza and
was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it or if you have any
familiarity with it?

Here is an overview of the product:
https://piazza.com/product/overview

and here is the link with the backstory:
https://piazza.com/about/story

I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions you might have.
Thanks,
-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.