[Xmca-l] Re: Non-formal music education for working-class children

Hi Ulvi,

Diana Hollinger has written a thesis about the El Sistema orchestra in
Venezuela. I don't know if it includes information about parents and
families but it certainly describes the benefits of orchestral education
for low-income children. I'll send you a copy off list. El Sistema is
certainly worth googling for anyone interested in this topic.

Cheers,
Helen

Dr Helen Grimmett
Lecturer, Student Adviser,