[Xmca-l] FW: Elliot Eisner SIG

THIS IS A FORWARDED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE SENDER. READ THE MESSAGE CAREFULLY FOR INFORMATION ON THE ORIGINAL SENDER

Dear Colleagues,

We are spreading the word about a new AERA Special Interest Group (SIG) dedicated to the scholarship of Elliot Eisner, Emeritus Professor of Art and Education at the Stanford Graduate School of Education. Our aim is to create an inclusive community whose work reaches into many areas of the educational enterprise.

The Eisner SIG will champion, challenge, reinvigorate, and further the ideas of Elliot Eisner in a number of domains, including qualitative inquiry, cognitive pluralism, the arts, creativity, the ecology of schooling, and developing theories for contemporary educational practice.

We hope you will support these collective efforts by following this link and signing our petition to start this SIG: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B2P99YC. We would also appreciate your forwarding this information to others who may be interested.

For those of you wishing for a review of Elliot Eisner's work, you can find a recent bio (and more) here<http://insidetheacademy.asu.edu/elliot-eisner>. Or, for a refreshing viewpoint on the humanistic side of teaching, see Larry Cuban's recent blog post of Eisner's commencement talk, "On Teaching", here<http://larrycuban.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/on-teaching-elliot-eisner/> (both links included below for reference).

Sincerely,

Eisner SIG Team

Bradley Conrad, Capital University, bconrad634@capital.edu<mailto:bconrad634@capital.edu>
Derek Gottlieb, University of Basel, dgderekgottlieb@gmail.com<mailto:dgderekgottlieb@gmail.com>