Re: [xmca] Just the Change Lab? For Helena et al

Mike
I found this response to Helen thought provoking. In particular this
comment:
"What is fantasy for your lived reality may be reality for his lived
fantasy"
I have been reflecting on our understanding of "imaginal realms" and how
these realms are juxtaposed to another's lived reality.

John Sallis is an American philosopher whose project is to reclaim another
understanding of *imaginal realms* which is NOT reduced to fantasy,
fabulation, phantoms, or unreality.

Mike, in your comment and Dylan's lyrics the understanding of *truth* is
changing from notions of *correctness* MAY *be* changing to a notion of
*truth* AS DISCLOSING what has been concealed.

As another example of the times changing I recently watched a 3 part TV
series  called *Dhrama Rising*which follows the Buddhist notion of dharma
[as way of life] *rising* as it has been introduced into the West as a
cultural-historical engagement with the realm of modernity.

The complexity and polyphonic *interpretations* [appearing from within a
cultural-historical lens] created by this interweaving created a sense of
wonder and amazement at the deepcultural transformation and metamorphosis
occuring in  these times that are a changing. In my imaginal realms I
intuitively feel this fluidity of thought as conceptual interweaving in
relation to imaginal realms which has a quality OF a new
beginning/FOUNDING. Imaginal NOT located within private subjectivity but in
more romantic notions of the imaginal realms. THIS realm is not phantasy or
fabulation and in-forms thought in new relational intertwinings.

Mike, your comment opens up a space [a clearing] to question if the
 imaginal is always fantasy? [in contrast to truth?]
That way of understanding *truth* and *phantasy*may be only one particular
schema or genre or framework with a particular sense of presence [and
concealment]. THIS way of life which pre-judges *foundations* over
*foundings* [new beginnings] as notions of *truth*.
If I am chaining I apologize but your questioning the understanding of
*work* also throws into relief notions of *play* and opens up clearings for
reflection on what really *matters*.
*Playing* as participation WITHIN activities  may be a novel way to reflect
on our current notions of *working* as something we do as a
necessary *work* before playing. THIS may also be a particular historically
formed schema or genre or framework which no longer *holds* our imaginal
yearnings.

On the other hand, this could be merely the fantasy of nostalgia,
articulating a yearning left over from the 60's when I was listening to
Dylan as a young lad.

Larry