[xmca] FW: Holodynski, The Internalization theory of emotions

Manfred, thanks for responding.
Note that I did not reject what's in the article, only noted what seems to me to be a glaring omission. I can't say I've got an easy answer to the question of what occurs emotionally during adolescence, because it's a period of continual change in just about every regard. It's also not an area in which I have any sort of expertise, so I was hoping the article would enlighten me. p

Dear Peter,
you're right in considering the gap between childhood and adulthood in the internalization theory of emotion and it is necessary for future research to fill this gap.
However, addressing this is a bit like "I want all - or it could not be good". So, what's about these developmental phases I have addressed? Neonates, infants, preschoolers and children? How do you think about the conception of these periods? I adopted Vygotsky's periods of the acquisition of sign use to the development of emotions. And indeed, the internalization of sign use is completed in a first developmental cycle during late childhood. It is an interesting questions which are the main development tasks for adolescents in the development of emotions. Is it the emergence of new emotions such as falling in love or national pride or/and is it a new quality of emotion regulation such as regulating emotions in advance, that means, to anticipate the satisfaction of motives in the future and to regulate one's life - and emotions - from this perspective. But then, it is a question of emotion regulation and not so much a question of the emergence of new emotion qualities.

Manfred