 From: "Glassman, Michael" <glassman.13@osu.edu>
To: Haydi Zulfei <haydizulfei@rocketmail.com>; "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Saturday, 6 April 2013, 21:43:36
Subject: RE: [xmca] Project

Hi Haydi,

It seems like you are agreeing with Andy, or saying Leontiev would, that you might not consider operations of an infant embedded within an action because the infant can't imagine an object.  But then here is my question, if infants are only engaging in operations then how does learning occur?  Why does learning occur?  Can you learn only by engaging in operations?  Do we suggest that neonates and infants don't learn?  Then what is the moment that they do start learning?

Michael