Re: [xmca] Polls are closed: Manfred Holodynsk's article is choice

Carol --

Certainly. And this difference has implications. For example: Learning.
When one learns a job that one does for art's sake, one learns it
differently (or is taught it differently) than when one learns a job for
the utilitarian motive of receiving money. Or, another example: social
context.  The place where one practices a job that one does for art's sake
is likely to be unregulated, whereas the place where one practices a job
that one does to earn money is going to be -- or is supposed to be
regulated. These regulations govern the relationship between the worker
and the person/s who employ him/her/. Etc.

Helena