These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[xmca] leading activity related question



Thanks for the paper, Mike.  You made the point that educators conflated zopeds with scaffolding back then in 1984 and I still see that happening today.

But more importantly, you use the phrase "activity structures" rather than "activity systems" in the section on work activity.  I know how YE defines the latter an your use of "structures" indicates a difference, perhaps like how Lemke defined activity structures in his early work -- would you comment on your view of the contrast between structures and systems?

--- 
William Barowy, Ph. D. 
Associate Professor,
Lesley University 
29 Everett Street, 
Cambridge, MA 02138-2790 
http://bill.barowy.net/ 
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso



__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca