Re: [xmca] Re: microgenesis?

Can I make a suggestion for what might be called a mirogenetic development, Mike? Performance of a form of an action by a child, with assistance, which survives the situation in which the assistance was given. (with the proviso that the form of action is culturally meaningful).
Andy

mike cole wrote:
well we are sure agreed about the context dependent part. I argue for different principles of change in what ... I refer to as cultural-historical genesis. I am just real uncertain about how to characterize more micro levels of development/context/historical..... change.

Wertsch's paper is one of several treatments of the topic, the only one I could put my bytes on quickly and as a followup to Vera's suggestion. There are other papers with other examples. But first, what about what we have?? mike