Re: [xmca] War and food

I wonder how much she is indebted to Avner Offer's "The First World War: An Agrarian Interpretation" http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-First-World-War-Interpretation/dp/0198202792/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336423552&sr=1-1 which I thought was a marvellous history book, but didn't seem to become as influential as I thought it should.

Rob