Re: [xmca] book "Going Solo"

Andy,
How do you make "sense" of this from a historical perspective.  What trends
are being expressed and are these trends going to continue in this
direction.  Do the trends reach a point of *no return* in our ability or
desire to share our lives in shared homes?   I've wondered if, as we move
in this direction, if we loose the capacity or ability to know how to live
together & share our lives.  We may discuss this trend, analyze it, and
critique it, but as a phenomena it seems to have a trajectory that is
deeply disturbing.  [at least from my perspective]

Larry