[xmca] Another compendium

For those who find compendia of past discussions useful, here is one from
Achilles that dropped out of sight in my mail and was discovered only
recently.

It happens to fit the Eisenshtein-Vygotsky connection that David mentioned,
so I am posting with, with a warning that
it might have the same negative properties that David pointed to in the
more recent such attempt.

The topic is of interest for many reasons. I am hoping that a translation
of key parts of Ivanov's book on the history of semiotics in the ussr will
come out in JREEP.

Anyway, for what is worth and with belated thanks to Achilles.