Re: [xmca] Artifactual Critical Literacy: A New Perspective for Literacy

Thanks very much for this suggestion, Malcolm. I finally got to look it up
and its GREAT to reconnect with Prior and through him with Chuck
Bazerman and other former xlchc/xmca colleagues.

I found the PDF draft of the Prior book which I did not know about. So much
for the fragmentation of discourse. And it comes just as the class where we
were reading Remediation ends.

Here is the url for any interested. Seems important threads to re-weave
given that the list of people cited overlaps so much with XMCA interests.
I also recomend Paul Prior website

Here is the URL regarding multimodality vs semiotic remediation.

http://www.cws.illinois.edu/IPRHDigitalLiteracies/PriorHengst_SemRem_Pen09.pdf

mike