Re: [xmca] Activity and interpsychological aspects of CHAT

Christine, I think Winnicott's idea was fine as far as it went. He was a child psychoanlyst. It's use as a metaphor is more questionable. This is a problem for me in how Critical Theorists use the findings of psychologists - as metaphor.

Can you explain, Christine, what you meant by "'comunication' in social relations as outside activity or project" - why and how would people comunicate if they had no common project or activity? Is that in the "not yet" and "being drawn towards a need to participate"?

And yes, I am sure you are 100% correct, that "'global' ideological causes" displace local development transformation." Nothing can be more destructive than such "global ideological" inervention. Can you give us some detail?

Andy
christine schweighart wrote:
Dear Andy,
I recently used Winnicot as a start to begin to explore conceptual tool in a discussion. My impression was that Winnicot 's transitional object provides an understanding of emotional transition ( and often of an individual person) rather than acquiring and being transformed by 'conceptual reasoning' in activity in the acquisition and changing a psychological horizon related to an experienced predicament. Separation of emotional and rational is not helpful, and Fernando Gonzalez Rey's article draws out how personal sense relates to orient to motive of activity , and from that to imagine goal directed action. Also his article brought out how much attention is given to internalising, but perhaps not 'externalising' difference . I was taken by the discussion of 'communication ' in social relations as outside activity or project, when encountering on-going activity in being drawn towards a need to participate would seem to be a moment when expression of alterity is already a social relation, not yet motivated in activity, and not yet designing an imagined goal, a social relation which calls for externalising through personal sense, in emotionally oriented and also historical dispositional 'meeting'.

My predicament is my understanding is that 'global' ideological causes displace local developmental transformation without such an understanding, relevant in sustainable developmental intervention. I'm struggling in my predicament to situate creativity in transformative agency.
 Christine.