These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] Wittgenstein



On 19 July 2011 19:45, Balzano, Gerald <gjbalzano@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Andy - I'm curious ... given the incredibly wide-ranging nature of topics,
> people, moods, what-have-you, that are offered up for discussion here, why
> "off-line" for Wittgenstein?
>
> [Unrelatedly: don't think some of us failed to notice your rather
> dismissive remarks about Wittgenstein in a note to Anna Sfard in the
> 'kitchen-sink/concepts' discussion of three months ago,


In lieu of Andy's response, I have more available to throw at that one.  ;)

I'm working through Langer's "An Essay On Human Feeling".  Which I'm finding
to be good material (both in agreement and disagreement).  A central theme
I'm inferring in her treatise is the notion of organ that encapsulates both
action and system.

Huw
__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca