Re: [xmca] Numbers - Natural or Real?

Andy,

This is a wonderful question which i believe is full of possibility for
looking at certain basic ontological assumptions

A question I've been struggling with is the purpose of schools [as
institutions]?  Is there primary mandate to teach "scientific concepts" or
is the search for recognition more fundamental?

 I see a link between this question and your question on teaching numbers as
"activity" or "dialogue" [counting or rational]

Larry