Re: [xmca] Word Meaning and Action: What' Plausible branch?

I think this brings us to the point where Volosinov/Bakhtin also need to be brought into the story (so long as we're on the "plausible" side, anyway)..

As for Saussure, he was interested in diachronic change in langue no less than the sychronic structue; but I don't recall him ever addressing parole as informing diachronic change.

I would guess that on this list Jay may be the best to help with this.