Re: [xmca] catharsis and category

On 14 June 2011 18:11, mike cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

> The entire discussion of extensions of Vygotsky into the domain of drama
> strikes me as full of promise, keeping in mind limitations of the dramatic
> metaphor that Yrjo has reminded us of being too easily cut away from its
> socio-economic-cultural context.
>
> And I like the idea of kategoria as predicament in the way you trace the
> term, Andy. And I especially like equating it with the social situation of
> development-as-experienced. I can
> provide personal testimony that it is a life long process!
> mike

I like it too.  Partially for its relation to meta-cognition and
coordination, and thereby CHT, but also because of it's appeal to affect,
i.e. demonstrably going beyond the stale (affectless) interpretation of
cognition, whilst also appealing to the everyday experience along with his
earlier attempt to explain and demarcate good art.

Huw