Re: [xmca] FW: Autistic Boy: Higher IQ Than Einstein Dev's Own Th. of Relativity

A highly highly unusual boy for sure.  I have no idea what his life at home
and with friends has been like, though from the youtube videos (a large
number of them btw) it seems rather run of the mill.  Which brings me to the
question of "internalization" --what drives it?

On a separate note.  In the youtube videos you can see him writing on
windows with a felt-tip pen, which reminds me of the movie "A Beautiful
Mind", which brings me to the question of "genius" as a concept, and the
various tropes we have come to associate with "it", as well as the
appropriation of genius for ideological functions.  Here's Glen Beck with
this kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBW4S9xcTOk&feature=related

Except, it is hardly with the kid, and more with his imagined audience and
his ideological project.

Ivan