Re: [xmca] Abduction, Creativity and Imagination

Michael
I've been reflecting on your question of differentiating between creativity
and imagination.  I agree the question of the procedure of how the imaginal
becomes actualized and changes the "order of things" [Bateson] in lifeworlds
is the central question of this topic.
Your comment that "Imagination" may be located more INSIDE THE HEAD and less
directly related to "problem solving" is where I sense a slight difference
of emphasis.  This "inside the head" or "JUST imagination" as somehow less
legitimate than "problem solving" is where I'm at the edge of my horizon of
understanding in my ZPD.  It is also why I'm also curious about RELATIONAL
psychoanalysis as a tradition.  INscapes and LANDscapes are somehow linked
and abduction as a topic is exploring these linkages.  I recognize that
people take strong positions on one side or the other of this
Inscape/Landscape dialectic but I'm contnually fascinated with the tension.
 As an orientation in my work [and life] I'm wondering if  it's possible to
delight in the continuing fluidity and dance between subjectivity/self and
intersubjectivity that is both imaginal and creative with the teleological
end goal of creating "COMMON sense".  I do strongly support that Inscapes
are a developmental achievement grounded in previous societal situations of
development  but "AGENTIC capacity" and "self-determination" are also
key constructs which I believe have continuing relevance within
sociocultural theory. [though "post modern perspectives challenge this
view]

Michael, a last comment that creativity can be "observed".  When I have
given students an opportunity to  share their imaginal Inscapes [that are
usually kept private] in a space where these deeply personal reflections are
recognized and validated [shared in OPEN spaces] I OBSERVE a transformation
in the intersubjective affiliation within the group. There is a quality of
"intimacy" that is generated which leads to an EXPANSION of learning and a
sharing of multiple perspectives.
Larry