Re: [xmca] Gita died

There is an international group of scholars here in Moscow at Vygotsky
Summer School who will participate in the funeral on Friday. It is
very sad. The presents she asked to bring from New York are still in
my suitcase.
Best regards,
Elina Lampert-Shepel

On 7/13/10, Ana Marjanovic-Shane <ana@zmajcenter.org> wrote:
> Oh,
> I am so sad to hear that Gita Vygodskaya died. Please send my condolences to
> Elena Kravtsova and her family. I met her a few times in New York and
> Moscow. She was always so nice and forthcoming about her father and about
> life in Moscow in the 30s as she knew it as a little child.
>
> Ana
>

> __________________________
> Dr. Ana Marjanovic-Shane
> Assistant Professor of Education
> Chestnut Hill College
> e-mails:  Marjanovic-ShaneA@chc.edu
>                  ana@zmajcenter.org
>                  anamshane@gmail.com
> Phone:    267-334-2905 (cell)
>

> On Jul 13, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Lois Holzman wrote:
>
>> Yes, Mike, we should. I'll see if I can reach Dot and find out how. Also
>> Elina might know through a friend of hers in Moscow.
>> Lois
>>

>> Don't forget to check out the latest at http://loisholzman.org
>>
>> Lois Holzman, Director
>> East Side Institute for Group and Short Term Psychotherapy
>> 920 Broadway, 14th floor
>> New York NY 10010
>> tel. 212.941.8906 ext. 324
>> fax 718.797.3966
>> lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
>> www.eastsideinstitute.org
>> www.performingtheworld.org
>> loisholzman.org
>>

>> On Jul 13, 2010, at 1:20 PM, mike cole wrote:
>>
>>> :-(
>>> Is there some way for us to send flowers, or some form of rememberance
>>> and
>>> respect?
>>> mike

I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of it
and it responds. It is free. But it's not free to do what a violin
string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it, fix it in
my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then is it free to be
a violin string.
-Sir Rabindranath Tagore