Re: [xmca] The sociocultural turn in psychology

Quite an astounding article Larry. A good read. I've ordered the book.

Andy

Larry Purss wrote:
I posted earlier on a new book by Jack Martin and Suzanne Kirschner called
"The Sociocultural Turn in Psychology".  The excerpt that I've attached is
an excellent summary of the book.
For others like myself that are trying to expand their horizon of
understanding of the multiple traditions which are exploring CONSTITUTIVE
sociocultural accounts this is an excellent summary. This edited book offers
a representative sample of the various sociocultural accounts that have
emerged in the last 20 years.
I believe it is a well written summary of the contrasting plural versions of
sociocultural theory  which share a general orientation to psychology but
also are in continuing dialogue with other other.  By sending it as an
attachment, it will be much easier to access and download if you are
curious.

Larry