RES: [xmca] Interface as tool and sign

Andy, this text dont have bibliography???

Joao

-----Mensagem original-----
De: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] Em nome
de Andy Blunden
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 30 de abril de 2010 21:48
Para: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Assunto: Re: [xmca] Interface as tool and sign

Although Vygotsky definitely did talk about "tool and sign"
as though there was a dichtomy here, this was in the days
before personal computers and so on. I see these as
archetypes, not categories as such. Consider the following
series of cultural means of opening a door: crow-bar,
handle, key, swipe card, PIN code, password, smile to the
doorkeeper.

See http://home.mira.net/~andy/works/vygotskys-critique.htm

Andy