Re: [xmca] reducing redundancy: check your settings

Mike,

I have also noticed that this can get out of hand.

One reason is that we don't change the subject line when we change the subject. I think that can help solve the problem.

Also, by deleting by hand a lot of the trailing prior quoted messages before hitting Send.

The problem with changing Preferences, is that it changes them for ALL your email, and I find it is usually a good idea to include one or two prior messages in a conversation for the needed context. Not just on xmca, but in e-life in general.

JAY.

Jay Lemke
Professor (Adjunct, 2009-2010)
Educational Studies
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
www.umich.edu/~jaylemke

Visiting Scholar
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition
University of California -- San Diego
La Jolla, CA
USA 92093