Now that all of this has been said, perhaps you pull the document and make it available to people on an individual basis. You should not take the risk involved, my suggestion. . . :-)

Cheers,
Michael

On 2010-03-23, at 8:49 PM, Andy Blunden wrote:

I'm sorry, I was trying to avoid spelling this out.

marxists.org have no right to publish this document into the public domain, and marxists.org risk prosecution for doing so. So I am trying to navigate a fine line between avoiding prosecution for theft of intellectual property and providing information to friends on this list. If I go too far to provide for the preferences of users who don't want to buy the book but want to read it and cite it in their own publications, then I will be in trouble. This is not "an old book." After a while I will delete the file from marxists.org, but in the meantime help yourselves.

Andy

Yes, German websites that provide access to old books ALWAYS have the page numbers in it, and I think it would be preferable if the marxists.org texts and Andy's pdf stuff were to have the page numbers, too. Michael