RE: [xmca] Zhozephina Shif – something in English?

I am not historicist, but I can remember something from Benjamin about "tradition" x "conservationism" ... That tradition is not always conservative nor authoritarian, there are democratic, dialogical, revolutionary traditions too... I guess - in addition - that perhaps something like a "cultural tradition" (any cultural tradition, in diverse fields of society collective actions) can have a non-liner genetic course or history... I dont know if this is terminologically possible or adequate. But a psychological theory, and/or approach, and/or "perspective" (has some people tell here in Brazil: "historical-cultural perspective") - can not be like a dogmatic religious tradition (despite I have any doubts if even religions can be strictly dogmatic all the time without any secular influences and changes to dialog with broader cultural contexts, etc.). In this sense neither behaviorism or psychoanalysis could be understood as an strict "tradition" (there was fights and ruptures all the time, dissidences, detours, new trends, and interpretations, etc.). Scientific thought presupposes changes as a sine qua non condition of its own existence... Of course, in the field of the Vygotsky's intelectual, cultural, legacy ("puzzle kind" legacy) the discontinuous, intermittent, sometimes enigmatic, character of the history of this "(non)tradition" it is very eminent. There are several important intellectual disputes about the "correct interpretation", the best exegetic tools, etc. But how can we name this historical process? Is there something in this that can have the same name? Every new name means an actual paradigmatic rupture? A name never can be only one meaning, of course. The sample of the name of the Journal is really worthwhile - a kind of "family name" (as "complex" in thought and language relations). People sometimes use names, words, has sign of some collective identity, to be included in a broader common troupe of social actors... this is far to be something harmonious or ideally synergistic, but exist some need to stay in touch with persons that have some common interests, mainly common values, as Mike said. If this can be named a tradition, now I already don't if is the more important question.
Achilles.