Re: [xmca] The Ubiquity of Unicorns

Eric,
I have some trouble with the notion of context because it works into the hands of those who attempt to parse the individual from everything else, worse, the mind from everything else. In an upcoming book (Language Learning Context, [London: Routledge])----currently I am revising the manuscript---I show how producing text also produces context, that is, we are con/texting all of the time. The difference between producing a text and producing context is undecidable. That is, in acting, we also mark what is relevant context, and because we can "read" actions in the way we "read" (hear, perceive) other forms of text (e.g., Ricœur, 1991), actions, too, produce their relevant context.

This is what CHAT is about, activity as irreducible unit, including subject and the entire "context".

Cheers,
Michael