[xmca] Fwd: [Air-L] tenure-track faculty position, University of Cincinnati

UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION
TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
COMMUNICATION AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES

The Department of Communication at the University of Cincinnati seeks
applicants for a full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor
level, beginning September 1, 2010.  We seek an outstanding individual whose
research program examines the impacts of new information and communication
technologies (ICTs) on human relationships, organizations, or society at
large.

The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses that help
undergraduate and graduate students to understand, develop, and manage
communication processes and/or campaigns in a rapidly-changing technological
environment.  We are also looking for an individual whose research and
teaching activities are consistent with the Department's mission, which
features a commitment to address connections between communication and
contemporary social problems.

The University of Cincinnati (<http://www.uc.edu/>www.uc.edu), a public
Research Intensive university located within the vibrant uptown Clifton
neighborhood, has a diverse student body of over 35,000 students.  The
Department of Communication (<http://www.artsci.uc.edu/communication>
www.artsci.uc.edu/communication) offers both B.A. and M.A. degree programs.
 Our undergraduate program features courses in public, interpersonal,
organizational, and mediated communication.  Our department is one of only
20 in the nation whose public relations program has obtained certification
by the Public Relations Society of America.  The undergraduate program also
features service learning and collaboration with community organizations.
Our graduate program was recently evaluated as one of the best M.A.-only
programs in the country in both faculty research productivity and doctoral
preparation.  Faculty research areas include interpersonal communication,
organizational leadership, issues management and public relations, political
communication, health and environmental communication, risk communication,
children and media, and diversity issues related to gender/sexuality, race
and ethnicity, and age.

Qualifications:  Completed Ph.D. required by 1 September 2010, evidence of
research and publication activity, and evidence of teaching effectiveness.

Applicants for this position must apply online to <http://www.jobsatuc.com/>
www.jobsatuc.com. Cover letter should address the candidate's fit with both
the position and Departmental mission.  Vita and samples of scholarly work
can also be posted online.  Send copy of graduate transcripts, evidence of
teaching effectiveness, and three letters of recommendation to:  Steve
Depoe, Chair of Search Committee, Department of Communication, University of
Cincinnati, P. O. Box 210184, Cincinnati OH 45221-0184. Questions:  Contact
Prof. Depoe at <mailto:depoesp@email.uc.edu>depoesp@email.uc.edu. EO/AAE.

Application deadline:  December 31, 2009

Stephen Depoe, Ph.D.
Editor, ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNICATION:  A JOURNAL OF NATURE AND CULTURE
www.informaworld.com/renc
Professor and Director of Graduate Program
Department of Communication
University of Cincinnati, USA
(513)-556-4459

http://www.aoir.org/