[xmca] egocentric speech as social speech

Such an amazing topic, I have spent the greater part of the morning
reading and rereading this thread as it pertains to the initial thread of
"Why does Vygotsky compare a seven year old with a three year old.  In
chapter 7 Vygotsky makes a bold claim in the first paragraph he writes,
"We found no specific interdendence between the genetic roots of thought
and word."  WOW.  Up until this point all psychologically and merely
skated this issue and assumed thoughts were just internalized words.  Not
so.  Thinking is a unique entitity that holds its own rules.  For Vygotsky
the word meaning crowns the action.  A perception of an action (i.e.
listening to an adult say a sentence) can be perceived syncretically and
mimiced but without the three year olds ability to crown that action with
word meaning there is no volition carried through time.

That children in the early elementary ages respond in predicating terms is
not surprising at all and reinforces Vygotsky's idea that a seven-year
olds thinking is not merely internalized egocentric speech but is
volitional in nature.  Thinking is usually done in predicates and the
speech and meaning that follows thinking places the predicate into a
subject first mode.  That seven year-olds lack this ability speaks to
Vygotsky's idea of pseudoconcpets.

In my initial example of remembering the items at the grocery via
repeating them I believe my wanting to please my wife with the correct
items falls into the category of 'social speech'; as I was repeating the
items to an image of my wife's smile as I returned home with the proper
items.  I practiced no such social speech with the remembering of the lawn
mower belt I merely predicated the fact that securing the correct one was
already done.

rambling?  yes.  making sense?