Re: [xmca] Grunting and Grabbing

David. Below in red my translations on the fly. Anton or NAtaliia, or ......
can correct my interpretatiion. If possible I will include quote from
English translation of 1930  or so translation in j of genetic psych of this
issue.

> At the time I said it was said quite clearly at the beginning of Chapter
> Seven, but I couldn't remember exactly where. Last night I sat down with the
> Minick version of the chapter and to my horror I couldn't find it anywhere.
> Here's the problem, on p. 249:
>
> "...(W)e must now analyze not the development of meanings and their
> structure but the process through which meanings function in the living
> process of verbal thinking. If we succeed in this, we will have shown that
> with each stage in development there exists not only a specific structure of
> verbal meaning, but a special relationship between thinking and speech that
> defines this structure (sic). F  wiunctional problems are resolved most
> easiyl when we are studying the higher, developed forms of some activity,
> where the whole complexity of the functional structure appears in a
> well-articulated, mature form. Therefore, we will consider issues of
> development only briefly (sic), turning then to the study of the
> relationships of thought to word int he development of consciousness (sic)."
>
> The last sentence makes no sense to me. Here's the Russian:
>
> "Поэтому оставим на некоторое время в стороне вопросы развития и
> обратимся к изучению отношений мысли и слова в развитом сознании."

Therefore we will put aside for a little timem the emphasis (on the side of)
questions of development and tun to the relation of thought and word in the