Re: [xmca] Helena on Negotiating Knowledge

From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth who-is-at uvic.ca>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 13:41:51 PST

I think that there are two aspects to motivation. . . one I show how
it arises from emotion:
Roth, W.-M. (2007). Emotion at work: A contribution to third-
generation cultural historical activity theory. Mind, Culture and
Activity, 14, 40-63.

the other one how you get particular forms of 'motivation' through
motivation talk.
Roth, W.-M., & Hsu, P-L. (2008). Interest and motivation: A cultural
historical and discursive psychological approach. In J. E. Larson
(Ed.), Educational psychology: Cognition and learning, individual
differences and motivation (pp. 81-105). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science.

These are two different forms of motivation and we need to keep them
analytically separate.

Michael