[xmca] Sensuous-object action

From: Holli Tonyan <Holli.Tonyan who-is-at csun.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 09:04:47 PST

Hi to the list from a newcomer,

I have been reading backwards about activity as a unit of analysis and I am
intrigued by what Zinchenko described as sensuous-object action, but I am
not sure where to find more about it. I am thinking about understanding
stress and soothing among young children in the context of their activities
(instead of as a temperamental approach) so understanding more about the
distinction between sensuous-object action and tool-mediated action seems
very relevant, but I see much more about tool-mediated action. Can anyone
suggest some readings for a beginner (in English) to understand more about
this?

Thanks so much!

--
Holli A. Tonyan, Ph.D.