[xmca] Welcome to Sammer Ghouleh

From: larry smolucha <lsmolucha who-is-at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 19:58:50 PDT

Message from Francine Smolucha:

Greetings to all:

I would like to introduce you to my colleague, Sammer Ghouleh,
who has joined the xmca list-serve. Sammer is the President/Founder
of Spirit - A Magazine Designed for the Diverse Woman.
Spirit Magazine has over one million paid subscribers internationally.
Sammer and I share an interest in gender and multi-cultural issues,
as well as, in promoting productive dialogues among diverse peoples.

We have a wonderful opportunity here to use our academic knowledge
of Vygotskian theory (and all the work it has inspired) to promote
positive social transformation in some of the most troubled areas of
human relations. We can open a dialogue that bridges xmca, ISCAR, and over one million
international readers of Spirit-Magazine. We can stimulate new interest in
women's ways of knowing, gender communications, productive social
discourse and creative dialogues.

Currently, I am writing a paper titled "A Vygotskian Approach to
Peace Studies and Counter-Terrorism" that will focus on what
I am calling Prosocial Discourse Training. It is one of the topics that
we could discuss when I am in San Diego in September for the ISCAR
Conference.

Thank you, Mike Cole, for being encouraging me to be active in xmca.