Re: [xmca] If all hopes are lost for establishing a more workable social system , then please tell me where A.N.Leontyev has gone wrong with his definition of "Personal Meaning"

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 15:32:42 PST

Heidi--

No trouble opening your file and finding the bolding. Could you remind us of
what the context is. What is the source of the non-bolded text? Some (Marxs
writes: This thought.....) is quotation from
Marx? Or Leontiev? Sorry to have lost the thread. I know I need to be
working forward from Martin's article to Paul's (?) initial response, and
maybe that is all you have to tell me to do to get properly
oriented.

My overall impression is that the discussion of development and learning,
David Kellog's posts with examples of neoformations and developmental
change, and related discussion have been very
productive, but require pulling out of the larger stream of discussion and
synthesizing. I hope to be able to do that myself before the entire topic
slips away, but like many of us, struggle to balance
the discussion here with in-my-face-local demands.

Thanks for sending the doc file to keep things moving.
mike