RE: [xmca] Re-cycling the idea of a collaborative papers

From: David Kellogg <vaughndogblack who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 15:40:16 PST

Em--

  Back in November, some of my ex-grads and I got together to try to continue the discussion between LCHC and the Centre for Activity Research in Helsinki on Vygotsky's unfinished concept of development.

  Etienne Pelaprat, with his amazing web-mastering skills and even more creative spelling talents, was kind enough to put the whole thing up on the XMCA website (with Powerpoints!) at:

  http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/index.html

  Just scroll down until you see "David Kellegg (sic) et al."

  When "Education et Didactique" sent Mike a commission for an article of "100,000 signs" (I think they are counting the spaces between words) I thought we might put together something collaborative based on this discussion. Mike DID say that there would be a written follow up!

  To tell you the truth, though, I'm beginning to think that Elina's suggestion ("Thirty Years After the Experiment") is an even better idea. I'm very proud of my ex-grads and excited about their data (and I think you'll see why when you look at what Etienne put up). But it's sound Confucianism: the younger generation of scholars will always have more time to explore new data than opportunities to bond with the old masters.

  David Kellogg
  Seoul National University of Education