Re: RES: [xmca] social memory

From: Paul Dillon <phd_crit_think who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2007 - 19:01:10 PST

mike wrote : "Very rich territory for a year end discussion.."

  to which I cannot help but reply: "Lest old acquaintances be forgot . . ."

  even though I wonder why we don't celebate the solstice instead.

  paul

Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
  If I understand the paper on Malagasy memory of wartme atrocities, a major
point was one encountered in discursive psychology a la David Middleton et
al. Memory is occasioned. Hard to hold to that thought sometime when the
formal interview is one's only viewing instrument; the instrument becomes
transparent. Em must know more about about that topic than she might prefer
to.

Very rich territory for a year end discussion..
mike