Re: RES: RES: [xmca] social memory

From: Paul Dillon <phd_crit_think who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2007 - 11:47:12 PST

Joao,

  Gracias!! I've found a collection of selections from the book "Memoria Colectiva" as well as some of Halbwachs journal essays in Spanish on the internet. For me, anything in Spanish is more useful since my student(s) don't read English well if at all. But this topic seems very relevant to a lot of my other concerns although previously I had little knowledge of it so I'm reading anything sent me.

  Paul

Joao Batista <jbmartin@sercomtel.com.br> wrote:
  Paul, I like a book of Maurice Halbwachs. In the Brasil, its title is
Memória Coletiva - Colective Memory. I dont know his books in english.
I like also to Jens Brockmeier - he make a articulation between memory and
narratives, i think that he can help you. I have the texts in atach.

I send too a article of James V. Wertsch - Narrative Tools of History and
Identity

happy 2008 and a great hug

Joao

Joćo Batista Martins