Re: [xmca] Social Memory

From: Paul Dillon <phd_crit_think who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 14:42:42 PST

Michael,

  One of Ilyenkov's insigts into the "philosophy of praxis" (as Gramsci called it) that has always impressed me concerns the historically posterior appearance of phenomena that are in fact the cause of the anterior structures in which they appear (ch 4 Dialectics of the Abstract and Concrete). In this interpretation the anterior "thank you" would thus be the cause of the references provided. But isn't that too obvious to be dialectical?

  Paul