Re: [xmca] What about a new kind of XMCA forum?

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 06:06:37 PDT

Dear All-Over-the-World Xmca-ites---

I am meeting next week with the relevant technical collegues here at UCSD to
talk through
what they see as a reasnable plan. From what I can tell this idea is
completely feasible from
the point of view of technology, storage, access, etc.

However, the social organizational work of the social process will require
some thought, effort,
and distributed responsibility (who will give presentations on what topics
when etc. How can
students get credit or should we forgo that option? and more).

I will be away from UCSD until early next week. I will be meeting with local
tech folks mid
next week and get back to you all on that side of things. Meantime, each of
us needs to
think about what topics, what periodicity, etc. When I know the tech
constraints, I will put
those out for all to see. Perfhaps somewhere else could be tech host better
than UCSD.
Perhaps not.

Meantime, all you have on your plate is to explain ways to talk about
consciousness in English to Anton!
:-)

soznatelno yours
mike