Re: [xmca] Socio-Cultural Theory Interest Group Seminar Series

From: Bruce Robinson (BRUCE@BRUCEROB.EU)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2006 - 16:16:36 PDT

Until the end of October it is British Summer Time then clocks go back
an hour to GMT. This quaint custom was introduced in WW1 to enable
farmers to produce more. It now persists due to the claim that its
abolition would result in the deaths of many Scottish schoolchildren who
would go to school in the dark.

Bruce R