[xmca] activity theory wiki

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 07:39:02 PDT

I think someone may have posted this URL before -- but in relation to some issues of the present discussion, and especially addressing the comments of how xmca discussions seem to repeat, there is an article about activity theory on wikipedia that seems incomplete at least in its internals, if not in relation to CoP frameworks, etc. No references, not even a drive-by, to Vygotsky appear in the list!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activity_theory

Perhaps some of us on this list could contribute to a cumulative resource as this -- after the discussion of Kevin's paper we could discuss a group effort to improve on this article and open up related ones, linking to xmca archives, especially on controversial points, as they surely will emerge.

In some ways, this is also a very intriguing experiment: In the academic world of which status and financial gain often relate to traceable publications, just how would this site evolve? With the possibility of one’s contributions being buried under hundreds of others, would folks ignore it? What would the reference list of publications look like?