Re: [xmca] zoped

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 18:39:13 PST

 b b--
Why do you say this? The context of the argument in the educational examples
from
LSV are in dialogue with Piaget and the idea that learning can only follow
development
as biologifcal epigenesis (not entirely fair to piaget, but academics are
forever creating
extremes to slay virtuously). Why and how does play create a zoped? Where
is the
only before there? And in our work, as in construction zone and article with
Griffin
from 1984 we talk about real zopeds providing all sorts of assistance at
multiple "levels"
and "layers" before, during, after.

What I am finding in reading these various socioculturalist and AT compendia
is a whole
lot of self contradiction and confusion about lots of things, zopeds
inclulded. We gotta
spend time on this on the 7/8th in SF as well as here over the coming
months. And how could there NOT be emotion all over the PROCESS OF CHANGE?
But how to represent
it in words? Cognition appears earlier because of the illusion that words
are about thinking
not feeling. Lois Bloom has wrtten a lot about this. Right Lois H?
mike