Re: [xmca] effectivity?

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 19:37:14 PST

I'm still working on understanding the affordance-effectivity relation, Peg.
I understand your hanging texts example the best, as I use something similar
for teaching a course in child development -- students bring in drawings they
have solicited from children of any age up to adolesence and we post them on
the wall. The more, the better. Patterns emerge from *their* data, and we
see developmental progressions in the drawings, always with variations, but
definitely patterned. From this, many students eyes gleam with understanding
and I sense, without testing, that they have groked the development of
independent performance.