Re: [xmca] Artifacts, Tools and Classroom

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 09:12:18 PST

I always interpret this passage as indicating relative orientation, not
total separation,
Mary. Is that they way you interpret it? In both cases, mediators are double
sided and must
satisfy, so to speak, constraints at both "ends" in order to function. I
also find the use
of activities in the last sentence confusing and wonder if it does not arise
from an error in
our naive editing of the translation. That is, I would think that action
rather than activity would
be appropriate.

Through a glass darkly.
mike