RE: [xmca] ISCAR - Sevilla 2005 -- Theoretical Concepts in CHAT andtheir connestion...

From: Russell, Donna L (russelldl@umkc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 08:16:05 PDT

Hello Dot and all

I also was very impressed by the quality of the presentations and the responses throughout the conference. As someone so new to this process I was transformed by being there. The dialog focused on the building of relationships and the creation of new ideas not on the differences.

 I work with inner city teachers and youth. Using CHAT I try to give them a voice. Michael Roth was so impressive- seeing him present and also talking with him briefly in the lunch line. He said an important reason for doing research was to build empathy. I find that completely compelling and renews my (as I have been told) idealist ideas about working to empower inner city educators and youth.

Donna

Donna L. Russell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Instructional Technology