Re: [xmca] ISCAR - Sevilla 2005 -- Play

From: sgabosch@comcast.net
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 17:40:26 PDT

I like the way Ana listed presentations at Sevilla that were relevant to her intriguing area of inquiry, play (well, one of them!). I attended the Play Art Theory workshop she and Ljibica led, which culminated in having us interpret and perform a page from Shakespeare’s Hamlet in small groups. The session was quite challenging and fun, and one of the high points of the conference for me.

“Play” was one of the hot topics at Sevilla (“narrative” was another) which I would like to see taken up here on xmca in some form – perhaps in the upcoming xmca course, or in some other way.

- Steve

from Ana:
<snip>
> Before the conference, I made my own selection of workshops which have
> something to do with play and imagination. That was my personal program
> guide, I am attaching here. However, I ended up changing it to
> accommodate other talks which were also important to me.
<snip>

attached mail follows: