Re: [xmca] LSV: Thought and language

From: Gordon Wells (gwells@ucsc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 10:12:31 PDT

Michael,

I don't know whether you were commenting on the current LCA
discussion or xmca in general in your ?complaint that we seem to be
stuck in first generation material. With respect to the current
discussion, it was agreed to discuss a limited number of papers that
are available on the xmca archive but there is no reason why we can't
extend beyond. What we would need to do that is access to more recent
work posted on the archive. Perhaps Phil would be able to do that in
due course if you could send him articles you would like us to
discuss. But I want to point out that the work of Michael Halliday,
Ruqaiya Hasan and Basil Bernstein is both contemporary and an
important addition to the CHAT exploration of languaging and thinking
in relation to activity.

--
Gordon Wells
Dept of Education,		http://education.ucsc.edu/faculty/gwells