Re: was education, technology; now online discourse

Bill-- I went to the XMCA web page and looked for the note from Phil on Nov 12
and could not find anything that contextualized this note for me.

Could you re-post and expand, because it reads as if there was a topic you
and phil ...... where trying to develop that got x-jacked.

Multiple threads have been a long term characteristic of xmca and they
have their
downsides, but it is not clear to me why if the headers are used
welll, as in the "Education, technology, and CHAT" thread,  many
threads cannot exist side by side
to accommodate different interests.

Other than encouraing the serious attention to content which I am
guilty of underplaying,
I have done nothing more than read on that thread. Meanwhile, on
others, I have made
more comments, or less comments.  Was this the "last block" you were
referring to?
Is my failure to promote a HIGH level of regulation part of the issue?

For a long time I have imagined that different members of the xfamily
would play sysop
for different discussions, or for diferent months of the year, but it
has never happened. We also once had separate topics on separate
sub-lists, but that collapsed. For all sorts of
reasons, intellectual, physical, insitutional, reasons,  I feel more
strongly than ever the
need for distribute collaborations in sustaining XMCA discussions. But
never, as in
not in more than two decades, has this happened. It only happend on
the CHAT course
and to excellent effect, I believe.

Could you clarity please?
mike