Spam and Viruses on the list

Folks,

The software we've been using to manage the xmca mailing list
for several years is now getting old (as is the machine itself,
weber.ucsd.edu).  One thing is that someone has figured out how
to inject spam and viruses into the list traffic.

We have been working on a new subscription mechanism, which looks
like it will be put in place along with some, as yet undiscovered
and undecided, new distribution mechanism.

While that is in the works, please be extra careful with whatever
you get in the list mail.  It could be viral, and it will look
like it's coming from someone you know.

Bruce Jones
sometime list manager.

-